student Apple Music

Hey I’m trying to get the student Apple Music account but it says failed to confirm student status. Please let me know what can be done since I am currently a student at college.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 12:20 PM

First, make sure you're going through the following steps from Get an Apple Music Student subscription - Apple Support

On an iOS device

During the verification period, you might see a message in the Music app that asks you to verify your status. To verify your status:

Tap Verify Eligibility.

Tap "Go to Website."

Sign in to your institution's portal.

After you sign in to your institution’s portal, you’ll be directed back to Apple Music and see a confirmation screen.

You can also verify your student status at any time through Settings on your iOS device

Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.

Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might need to authenticate your Apple ID.

Tap Subscriptions. If you have more than one subscription, tap Apple Music Membership.

Tap "Verify your student status." You'll be redirected to a website at which you'll confirm your student status with UNiDAYS, a student verification service.

Follow the prompts to verify your eligibility. If the verification is successful, you'll automatically return to Apple Music and continue your Apple Music Student subscription.

If you're no longer a student or if you complete 48 months of a Student subscription, your subscription automatically becomes an Apple Music Individual subscription. If you're prompted to verify your student status after launching Apple Music, but you are no longer a student or have completed 48 months of a subscription, tap I'm No Longer A Student. You won't be asked to verify again.

If you are still unable to verify your status, please get in touch with UNiDAYS directly, which you can do here:

UNiDAYS Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 12:20 PM in response to tenzin2002

First, make sure you're going through the following steps from Get an Apple Music Student subscription - Apple Support

On an iOS device

During the verification period, you might see a message in the Music app that asks you to verify your status. To verify your status:

Tap Verify Eligibility.

Tap "Go to Website."

Sign in to your institution's portal.

After you sign in to your institution’s portal, you’ll be directed back to Apple Music and see a confirmation screen.

You can also verify your student status at any time through Settings on your iOS device

Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.

Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might need to authenticate your Apple ID.

Tap Subscriptions. If you have more than one subscription, tap Apple Music Membership.

Tap "Verify your student status." You'll be redirected to a website at which you'll confirm your student status with UNiDAYS, a student verification service.

Follow the prompts to verify your eligibility. If the verification is successful, you'll automatically return to Apple Music and continue your Apple Music Student subscription.

If you're no longer a student or if you complete 48 months of a Student subscription, your subscription automatically becomes an Apple Music Individual subscription. If you're prompted to verify your student status after launching Apple Music, but you are no longer a student or have completed 48 months of a subscription, tap I'm No Longer A Student. You won't be asked to verify again.

If you are still unable to verify your status, please get in touch with UNiDAYS directly, which you can do here:

UNiDAYS Support

student Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.