Damaged Retina Display on iPad

Recently, I dropped my iPad and the retina display completely broke. How can I fix this and how much would it cost?

Thanks.

(Photo of iPad when turned on)

iPad

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 6:48 AM

For eligible iPad models, you check verify repair cost in your country/region here:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

You can use Apple’s mail-in repair service, or you can arrange repair via the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

For practical purposes, Apple usually exchange the iPad for a renewed/refurbished iPad of the same model and specification. The cost of the exchange is the same as would otherwise be charged for repair. When exchanged, the replacement iPad is yours to keep.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 6:48 AM in response to uniquebeginnings

For eligible iPad models, you check verify repair cost in your country/region here:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

You can use Apple’s mail-in repair service, or you can arrange repair via the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

For practical purposes, Apple usually exchange the iPad for a renewed/refurbished iPad of the same model and specification. The cost of the exchange is the same as would otherwise be charged for repair. When exchanged, the replacement iPad is yours to keep.

Aug 20, 2023 7:08 PM in response to uniquebeginnings

We do not work for Apple here, we are users just like yourself and can try to help with issues that may be able to be resolved without having to take it to Apple. This hardware issue however, will have to be taken to Apple or a Certified Apple service center to get the screen replaced. They will be able to tell you what the cost is going to be. If you have AppleCare+ on the device that will save you a lot of money in getting that replaced.

Damaged Retina Display on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.