How do I reset my forgotten Apple ID password now?

I have forgotten my Apple ID password. How do I reset it now without waiting for 14 days? I need to use it asap.

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 6:17 AM

I presume you are indeed in account recovery? You may indeed be able to speed this up. From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer." - see the document for more details.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 6:17 AM in response to matus_zdansky

I presume you are indeed in account recovery? You may indeed be able to speed this up. From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer." - see the document for more details.

How do I reset my forgotten Apple ID password now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.