Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I canceled this subscription for audible and my money was still taken

The audible app I have canceled that subscription and my money is still taken off my card

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 12:59 PM

4 replies

Feb 18, 2024 9:01 PM in response to black-migo

Did you cancel at least 24 hours before the subscription or free ends? You must cancel at least 24 hours before it ends otherwise you will be billed.

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

The relevant portion is:

• If you signed up for a free or discounted trial subscription and you don't want to renew it, cancel it at least 24 hours before the trial ends.

Aug 21, 2023 1:04 PM in response to black-migo

First confirm you have canceled any subscription automatic renewal (if you simply delete an app this does not cancel subscriptions):

Review the information in this support article by clicking on the link to learn how to cancel a subscription from Apple. ➔ If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

• "If you signed up for a free or discounted trial subscription and you don't want to renew it, cancel it at least 24 hours before the trial ends."

• An existing subscription will normally continue until the end of its term and may then renew automatically. Stopping automatic renewal is effectively canceling it. "If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, then the subscription is already canceled and won't renew." The "Expires" date means the current subscription will just run until then.

• Read the article to see what to do about subscriptions that do not appear in your list. If you still can't find a subscription, contact Apple Support using the link at the end of the support article.

• Canceling a subscription does not automatically start a refund.

Finally, follow the directions in this support article about how to request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple ➔ Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Feb 18, 2024 8:56 PM in response to black-migo

They pulled this 💩 with me too! But instead of canceling the free trial I was 1 week into the trial when they took money they no right taking! Audible/Amazon said Apple should had not been able to do this! I contacted Apple and they said I would have to appeal it which didn’t make any sense because it was a free trial but I filed the appeal and they denied it! So I tell everyone now not to sign up for any free trials on any Apple device because Apple thinks it’s ok to steal our money! Oh and Apple told me if I Appeal it and lose I would no longer be able to get Audible for the price it is! I contacted Audible/Amazon and they told me Apple doesn’t set those prices so basically Apple tried to scare me into not trying to get my money back that’s shady!

I canceled this subscription for audible and my money was still taken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.