how do i put my icloud backup on my new iphone

im getting a new iphone and im going to put the icloud backup on a mac because im out of storage on my iphone

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 7:53 PM

Read this support article to discover how to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch --> Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This may also be of relevance in your situation:

Get temporary iCloud storage when you buy a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

"When you buy a new iPhone or iPad, you can get temporary iCloud storage to transfer data from your current device to your new one. Learn if you’re eligible, how to create a temporary backup, and how long your temporary backup is available."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 7:53 PM in response to miller_carson

Read this support article to discover how to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch --> Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This may also be of relevance in your situation:

Get temporary iCloud storage when you buy a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

"When you buy a new iPhone or iPad, you can get temporary iCloud storage to transfer data from your current device to your new one. Learn if you’re eligible, how to create a temporary backup, and how long your temporary backup is available."

how do i put my icloud backup on my new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.