Sharing photos with different Apple accounts

Hi there, does anyone knows, I shared all my photos from my phone to my IPad and want to keep them on the IPad but the devices have different Apple ID’s.

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 11:00 PM

Which system versions do you have installed?

With iOS 16 and macOS 13 you can use the Shared iCloud Photos Library to see the photos on devices with different AppleIDs for iCloud Photos. This will allow you to work with your photos on all your devices, and the adjustments and metadata will be synced between your iCloud Photos Libraries.

Set up or join an iCloud Shared Photo Library

And you can share selected albums as iCloud Shared Albums with iPad.

See also: Share photos and videos on iPad – Apple Support (UK)

Do you need to use different AppleIDs on your devices for iCloud Photos? It would be much easier to use the same AppleID for your iCloud features on all devices. You can use different AppleIDs for your purchases and for iCloud, but two different IDs for iCloud is complicating things.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 11:00 PM in response to Mona-Lily

Which system versions do you have installed?

With iOS 16 and macOS 13 you can use the Shared iCloud Photos Library to see the photos on devices with different AppleIDs for iCloud Photos. This will allow you to work with your photos on all your devices, and the adjustments and metadata will be synced between your iCloud Photos Libraries.

Set up or join an iCloud Shared Photo Library

And you can share selected albums as iCloud Shared Albums with iPad.

See also: Share photos and videos on iPad – Apple Support (UK)

Do you need to use different AppleIDs on your devices for iCloud Photos? It would be much easier to use the same AppleID for your iCloud features on all devices. You can use different AppleIDs for your purchases and for iCloud, but two different IDs for iCloud is complicating things.

Sharing photos with different Apple accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.