Downgrading storage plan

Hi! For some reason I can’t downgrade my storage plan to a free one even though I use less than 5gb. Please help me

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 11:07 PM

5 replies

Aug 21, 2023 11:18 PM in response to saecubed

saecubed Said:

"Downgrading storage plan: Hi! For some reason I can’t downgrade my storage plan to a free one even though I use less than 5gb. Please help me"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Properly Downgrading iCloud:

1. Download All of iCloud, First:

Prior to downgrading, download all of iCloud. That way you do not lose any data, once downgrading.. Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

then...

2. Downgrade your iCloud Plan:

If you want to get less storage in iCloud, downgrading your iCloud plan is the way to go. Note that this has a monthly fee. Here is the link to user: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support. Note that this service is not available in all countries/regions.

Aug 22, 2023 7:38 AM in response to saecubed

saecubed Said:

"Downgrading storage plan: I guess it is because of my country. Does this mean I have to pay all the time and there’s no way to cancel it? I don’t want to pay for something I don’t need. Is there something I can do?

———-

Downgrading from iCloud+:

If there is no concern for loss of data, then for get performing the backup I mentioned; just perform the cancellation. All will be lost and you won’t be charged for next month and then on. And for note, Apple does not have an annual subscription plan, for iCloud.

Downgrading storage plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.