I simply want to transfer ONE song file from Mac Mini to iPhone SE(2nd gen). How?

Is there a simple way to transfer one or 2 songs from a Mac to an iPhone?

NOT subscribed to Apple Music; do NOT want to handle using iCloud.(minimal use of iCloud so all my data is on my Mac)

Can I still use Sync somehow to target limited music files?

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 5:32 PM

Use Finder: Sync your iPhone, iPad or iPod using your computer – Apple Support (AU)

You can also select to manually manage your music which enables you to drag and drop songs onto your iPhone from the Music app on your Mac.

3 replies

Aug 22, 2023 8:16 PM in response to picas

Since I use a different Mac as the base all the music in house from me(mostly) and my wife(few) I would have to sync using my Mac which does NOT have the song on it. It IS on my wife's Mac but if I sync with that it would wipe out all the songs(I have previously synced from MY Mac to it), right? SO, it appears, if I desire to KEEP using MY Mac as the main holder of music media that hosts the clients(wife's Mac mini, two iPhones), I must install the songs she wants on MY mac first and then sync her iPhone to it, correct? But. I don't want this stuff on my Mac or having to do that.

I DO like your 2nd option, if I understand correctly, please expand on how to do that.

Do you mean:

I can bring up the Music app on her Mac mini, connect her iphone via USB and then just drag and drop an individual song from the mini's song list onto . . . uh, what? on her iPhone?

This seems exactly what I want!

I simply want to transfer ONE song file from Mac Mini to iPhone SE(2nd gen). How?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.