Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

How do I unsubscribe to extra iCloud storage?

I did not agree o continue my subscription to iCloud, but my card is still charged. How do I unsubscribe?

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 7:37 PM

3 replies

Aug 22, 2023 7:47 PM in response to GrandmaDenise

Hello,

The below article gives instruction for downgrading or canceling your iCloud+ subscription. Keep in mind, if you cancel it completely you will only have the standard 5GB storage available. Make sure to move any data from iCloud that would exceed the 5GB to prevent losing any of your data.

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

"Before you downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan, first download or remove content that exceeds your new storage amount. To make sure that you don't lose any information, learn how to copy what you store in iCloud."

"What happens when you downgrade or cancel iCloud+

• If your iCloud storage exceeds your new storage plan capacity, iCloud won't sync or update your information. iCloud updates again when you increase your storage capacity or delete information to make more space. 
  • If you downgrade to the free iCloud plan, you will no longer have access to iCloud+ features like Hide My Email, Private Relay, and HomeKit Secure Video support.2
  • If you pay for both Apple One and an iCloud+ plan, you can downgrade or cancel the iCloud+ plan and just use the iCloud+ plan included in Apple One. After you select Change Storage Plan, there might be additional steps before you can downgrade or cancel your storage."

I hope this helps.

Aug 22, 2023 7:48 PM in response to GrandmaDenise

GrandmaDenise Said:

"How do I unsubscribe to extra iCloud storage?: I did not agree o continue my subscription to iCloud, but my card is still charged. How do I unsubscribe?"

-------

Properly Downgrading iCloud:

1. Download All of iCloud, First:

Prior to downgrading, download all of iCloud. That way you do not lose any data, once downgrading.. Use my User tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

then...

2. Downgrade your iCloud Plan:

If you want to get less storage in iCloud, downgrading your iCloud plan is the way to go. Note that this has a monthly fee. Here is the link to user: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support. Note that this service is not available in all countries/regions.

How do I unsubscribe to extra iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.