Itunes Backup change password

Its been a while since i used my itunes backup but i can remember the password how can i retrieve it.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 4:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 7:47 AM

See Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community. In particular:

If you have forgotten the password, or were not aware that encryption had been enabled, consider that it might be any computer, Apple ID, Wi-Fi password or device PIN that you've used in the past, working from the assumption that you might have reused a common password that you were using when encryption was first activated. See About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for details.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2023 7:47 AM in response to shortie1427

See Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community. In particular:

If you have forgotten the password, or were not aware that encryption had been enabled, consider that it might be any computer, Apple ID, Wi-Fi password or device PIN that you've used in the past, working from the assumption that you might have reused a common password that you were using when encryption was first activated. See About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for details.

tt2

Itunes Backup change password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.