download iMovie for iMac 11.7.9

this is crazy. I have a clean iMac that runs 11.7.9. I can't purchase a old iMovie version from Apple (say iMovie 9) to run in it? Just because I bought a second hand iMac without iMovie to begin with?

very frustrating.

Ron

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 10:55 AM

If you have downloaded iMovie in the past under your current Apple ID, open the App Store, click on your name on the bottom left which opens "Purchased". Look for iMovie in the list and if listed, clicking the cloud download icon will download a compatible version. If you've never downloaded iMovie before, it's too late.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2023 10:55 AM in response to Karonasis

If you have downloaded iMovie in the past under your current Apple ID, open the App Store, click on your name on the bottom left which opens "Purchased". Look for iMovie in the list and if listed, clicking the cloud download icon will download a compatible version. If you've never downloaded iMovie before, it's too late.

Aug 31, 2023 12:29 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks

it’s a strange apple thing.

If and when a maybe changed from Apple ID, say 10 years ago, is not known anymore by me and had probely a good reason. Fact is that Imovie is stil on me devices. Is there a way to explore old apple Id’s?

or

can I try to log in with an Apple ID from a friend and after putting iMovie on my Mac and then

download iMovie for iMac 11.7.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.