Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

wrong name on apple pay

My husband's name shows whenever I use Apple pay, yet the credit card linked is in my name and I am logged in to my Apple ID.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 12:52 AM

If your husband's name is showing up when you use Apple Pay even though the credit card is linked to your name and you are logged in to your own Apple ID on your iPhone, there might be a couple of reasons for this issue. Here are a few steps you can take to address it:

1. Double-check your Apple ID settings to make sure that your personal information, including your name, is correctly entered. Sometimes, discrepancies in your Apple ID information can lead to incorrect names being displayed during transactions.
  2. Go to the "Wallet & Apple Pay" section in your iPhone settings. Confirm that your card is correctly set up with your name as the primary account holder. If necessary, you might want to remove the card and re-add it, making sure that all the information is accurate.
  3. If you and your husband share payment methods through Family Sharing, it's possible that his name is appearing due to settings in the Family Sharing setup. You can review these settings to ensure that your personal payment methods are not being shared or associated with his account.

Remember that it's important to protect your personal and financial information. Always verify any changes you make and be cautious about sharing personal data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2023 12:52 AM in response to theresefromcary

If your husband's name is showing up when you use Apple Pay even though the credit card is linked to your name and you are logged in to your own Apple ID on your iPhone, there might be a couple of reasons for this issue. Here are a few steps you can take to address it:

1. Double-check your Apple ID settings to make sure that your personal information, including your name, is correctly entered. Sometimes, discrepancies in your Apple ID information can lead to incorrect names being displayed during transactions.
  2. Go to the "Wallet & Apple Pay" section in your iPhone settings. Confirm that your card is correctly set up with your name as the primary account holder. If necessary, you might want to remove the card and re-add it, making sure that all the information is accurate.
  3. If you and your husband share payment methods through Family Sharing, it's possible that his name is appearing due to settings in the Family Sharing setup. You can review these settings to ensure that your personal payment methods are not being shared or associated with his account.

Remember that it's important to protect your personal and financial information. Always verify any changes you make and be cautious about sharing personal data.

wrong name on apple pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.