Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

How do I trace my wife's iPhone using Find My?

My wife lost her iPhone, I want to used find my on my phone to find her iPhone, how to set up her phone and my phone to do that

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 8:06 PM

Your wife will need to login into Find My on the web by following this link:

https://www.icloud.com/find

If the device was part of a Family Sharing plan with your, then you can use your device.

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/share-locations-family-locate-lost-devices-iph6231f621a/16.0/ios/16.0

7 replies

Aug 23, 2023 8:06 PM in response to Sonha1822

Sonha1822 Said:

"how do I trace my wife phone using find my phone: My wife lost her iPhone, I want to used find my on my phone to find her iPhone, how to set up her phone and my phone to do that"

-------

Troubleshooting a Lost iPhone:

About iPhone and Find My:

If Find My was enabled with this, then note that the location shown is based off of the last time the iPhone was, itself, connected to the Internet. The sis all based on an IP address. So, do you recognize this place shown?

Finding a Lost iPhone, without Find My:

I. Use these Links:

II. Do So the Olde Fashioned Ways:

A. Backtrack your Locations:

Do it the olde fashioned way and backtrack your locations. For instance, if you were at a retail store, then stop in, asking the store manger if it was placed aside.

B. Lost-&-Found:

Chick with the Lost & Found department of the facility you were in, seeing if it has been handed over.

C. Contact Local Authorities:

See if the community police, or local security guards at the front door, came across it.

D. Use Craigslist:

Put a post on Craigslist, seeing if they have been found.

Aug 23, 2023 8:06 PM in response to Sonha1822

This support article has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Read this support article to find out how to use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item. Click here --> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

- A person can use the Find My app on a device owned by someone in their Family Sharing group.

- Alternatively, anybody can sign into https://www.icloud.com/find to locate their device using a browser. You don't need a two-factor code if you use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com/find

Note that the address must include the "/find" as shown above.

Aug 23, 2023 8:10 PM in response to Sonha1822

Sonha1822 wrote:

how to set up findmy on my iPhone and my wife iPhone

This link explains how to set up Find My on your iPhone --> Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

If it was not set up on your wife's iPhone before it went missing, it cannot be set up remotely. It had to be set up before it went missing.

How do I trace my wife's iPhone using Find My?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.