Need to reactivate my apple ID associated with my Macbook Air M1

Hi

I am having trouble to reinstall my macbook air M1 chip based to reocver my apple ID ***@icloud.com (as it has become activation lock during erase) hence i request a solution to reactivate this particular ID of icloud apple id so that i do not need to scrap my MacBook Air

Seeking your kind assistance

Ishtiaque

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 4:48 AM

See -> Activation Lock for Mac -> Activation Lock for Mac - Apple Support

⤵️

Other ways to disable Activation Lock

If your previously owned Mac shows an Activation Lock window that asks for someone else's Apple ID, the previous owner may need to remove Activation Lock for you.

You can also contact Apple support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com)

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

See also -> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device

Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device – Apple Support (UK)

-----

If your Apple ID says it's inactive you need to reach out for support from Apple directly ->  Get Support

-----

Note:

Never post your Apple ID on a public forum, that's asking for trouble.

Have asked the host to remove.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2023 4:48 AM in response to ishtiaque289

See -> Activation Lock for Mac -> Activation Lock for Mac - Apple Support

⤵️

Other ways to disable Activation Lock

If your previously owned Mac shows an Activation Lock window that asks for someone else's Apple ID, the previous owner may need to remove Activation Lock for you.

You can also contact Apple support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com)

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

See also -> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device

Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device – Apple Support (UK)

-----

If your Apple ID says it's inactive you need to reach out for support from Apple directly ->  Get Support

-----

Note:

Never post your Apple ID on a public forum, that's asking for trouble.

Have asked the host to remove.

Need to reactivate my apple ID associated with my Macbook Air M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.