Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Can’t delete apps

I can’t delete apps off my iPad permanently because it just moves them to the App Library

Then I try to delete them out of my App Library but i just can’t ☹️

can some one please help me because I am trying to get rid of iPad storage and it’s making me mad 😡

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 6:10 AM

Assuming that your iPad is not centrally managed by an Educational Establishment or Business (as the device may be remotely managed) - if you are experiencing difficulties with adding, updating or removing Apps from your iPad, you’ll need to check your ScreenTime restrictions:

• Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Adding Apps - set to Allow
  • Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps - set to Allow
  • Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > In-app Purchases - set to Allow

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2023 6:10 AM in response to I_dont_know8

Assuming that your iPad is not centrally managed by an Educational Establishment or Business (as the device may be remotely managed) - if you are experiencing difficulties with adding, updating or removing Apps from your iPad, you’ll need to check your ScreenTime restrictions:

• Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Adding Apps - set to Allow
  • Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps - set to Allow
  • Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > In-app Purchases - set to Allow

Can’t delete apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.