Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Downloaded albums in Apple Music not playing

Just started a trial of Apple Music. Downloaded 2 albums straightaway to my phone. Added and then downloaded, everything appears normal, I've got the checkmark in the top right corner. Press play, nothing happens. It doesn't start the song, the "play" button just reappears immediately (instead of the "pause" button as you would expect).

Albums that I have purchased prior to my free trial of this service play no problem. I have good cellular connection and wifi. Hopped on my computer, authorized the machine, and logged into my icloud account, saw the albums and was able to play them, no problem.

I just can't get it play on my phone (and therefore in my car), which is frustrating since I can see the name of the songs on my console in my car. I've tried restarting the phone, toggling on and off the sync in the ios settings (and then re-downloading the albums). Nothing has worked yet. It's not awesome. Any ideas?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 12:04 PM

Update: I deleted the app (which removed the music from my phone and apple watch). I re-downloaded the Music app from the cloud, re-downloaded the records. badda bing badda boom. It works. Anybody else having this issue, give this a shot.

Similar questions

1 reply

Downloaded albums in Apple Music not playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.