Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Create new folder, add files

I would like to create a new folder on the home screen and drop files in it that are already on my iPhone 12. This is fairly straight forward elsewhere, and I find it a nightmarish experience here. I see a few tutorials about grouping apps - but that's not it. How do I do this?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 7:56 PM

1CM2 Said:

"Create new folder, add files: I would like to create a new folder on the home screen and drop files in it that are already on my iPhone 12. This is fairly straight forward elsewhere, and I find it a nightmarish experience here. I see a few tutorials about grouping apps - but that's not it. How do I do this?"

-------

Adding Folders to Home Screen:

You Can't. What you are looking to perform is not an option. You need to see the iCloud Drive app, and then you cam maunder files from there.

I. Enable iCloud Drive on an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: [your name] (the top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: [an item] (so that it is green)
  5. Tap: iCloud Drive (so that it is green)

Then...

II. Go Here to Perform the Maneuvers: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive

Link for Reference...

Move Apps and Create Folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Continue to my following reply.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2023 7:56 PM in response to 1CM2

1CM2 Said:

"Create new folder, add files: I would like to create a new folder on the home screen and drop files in it that are already on my iPhone 12. This is fairly straight forward elsewhere, and I find it a nightmarish experience here. I see a few tutorials about grouping apps - but that's not it. How do I do this?"

-------

Adding Folders to Home Screen:

You Can't. What you are looking to perform is not an option. You need to see the iCloud Drive app, and then you cam maunder files from there.

I. Enable iCloud Drive on an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: [your name] (the top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: [an item] (so that it is green)
  5. Tap: iCloud Drive (so that it is green)

Then...

II. Go Here to Perform the Maneuvers: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive

Link for Reference...

Move Apps and Create Folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Continue to my following reply.

Aug 24, 2023 7:57 PM in response to 1CM2

Continued from my previous reply.

1CM2 Said:

-------

Recommend this to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what to include in iOS versions to come. Being there is no direct feedback link for the iOS, use the iPhone feedback page.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on why you want this to be an option, and how it can help others. Include a link to this thread.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Create new folder, add files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.