Clock App : World Clock does not consider local DST when displaying time in other countries

The Clock App in iPhone, when on the World Clock tab, does not consider local DST when displaying time in other countries.

To put it more concretely, my current timezone is Pacific Time in the US with DST turned ON in the summer.

When I asked World Clock to display GMT, it displayed an GMT time that one hour ahead of current time in London.

Cupertino, CA : 10:29 AM

London, UK : 6:29PM

The correct London time should be 5:29 PM because Cupertino time is on daylight savings.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 10:30 AM

5 replies

Oct 11, 2023 11:28 AM in response to ArtyYeo

I have noticed this fault today and am pretty sure that London time used to be displayed at GMT +1 in the summer with Daylight Saving Time in place and GMT ( ie UTC ) in the winter. I had assumed this error is recent - perhaps arising post iOS 17 updates.

I noticed this change after being puzzled by the time given in the new clock readout during charging which was 5or6 hrs adrift from London time - but separate Community thread has told me how to alter this.

Clock App : World Clock does not consider local DST when displaying time in other countries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.