why is my outgoing mail silent? I used to hear a sound when e-mail was sent?

27" iMac running V 12.6.8 Monterey

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 11:21 AM

Hello tifosi44,

Thanks for connecting with Apple Support Communities. Have you checked your settings to ensure that this feature is still enabled? If not, you can follow these steps:

"Change General settings in Mail on Mac

Use General settings in Mail to change options for checking for new messages, downloading attachments, searching, and more.

To change these settings in the Mail app on your Mac, choose Mail > Settings, then click General.

New messages sound

Choose the sound you want to hear when messages arrive, or choose None if you don’t want to hear a sound. To sample a sound, choose it in the list.

To hear sounds for other events in Mail—for example, when you send a message—select the “Play sounds for other mail actions” checkbox."

Let us known if this helps.

Have a wonderful day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2023 11:21 AM in response to tifosi44

Hello tifosi44,

Thanks for connecting with Apple Support Communities. Have you checked your settings to ensure that this feature is still enabled? If not, you can follow these steps:

"Change General settings in Mail on Mac

Use General settings in Mail to change options for checking for new messages, downloading attachments, searching, and more.

To change these settings in the Mail app on your Mac, choose Mail > Settings, then click General.

New messages sound

Choose the sound you want to hear when messages arrive, or choose None if you don’t want to hear a sound. To sample a sound, choose it in the list.

To hear sounds for other events in Mail—for example, when you send a message—select the “Play sounds for other mail actions” checkbox."

Let us known if this helps.

Have a wonderful day.

why is my outgoing mail silent? I used to hear a sound when e-mail was sent?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.