Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Incoming text sounds for entire thread

I would like my iphone 12 to receive the designated text sound I have chosen under sounds each time I receive a text message within a conversation. I always receive the designated (harp) sound on the first text. But if I leave the conversation page open, each additional text gives only a swoosh sound which is too insignificant to hear.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 12:40 PM

Igotav82 wrote:

I would like my iphone 12 to receive the designated text sound I have chosen under sounds each time I receive a text message within a conversation. I always receive the designated (harp) sound on the first text. But if I leave the conversation page open, each additional text gives only a swoosh sound which is too insignificant to hear.

That is how it works, if you want the notification close out of the message thread.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2023 12:40 PM in response to Igotav82

Igotav82 wrote:

That is how it works, if you want the notification close out of the message thread.

Incoming text sounds for entire thread

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.