Apple Music on my Macs (macOS only) plays continuously once an album is started.

Apple Music on my Macs (macOS only) - Is there some setting I'm missing, or something I can do differently, to keep the Music app from progressing to the next album? To stop playing when an album is finished? (I am referring to music stored locally and not streaming from Apple.) Most times I just want to play a certain album. Most times I will already have in mind what I would want the next album to be. Too often I won't have an idea other than I know it won't be the next one Music will want. It's not that big a thing if I am very familiar with the album playing. Again, too often, I'll be a playing an album new to me as will be the next that Apple chooses. Yeah, definitely a first-world problem, having too much music but, hey, that's why I pay for.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 12:08 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 25, 2023 1:49 PM in response to turingtest2

Heh. I thought I was in Albums view. It turns out you can have an album showing in Songs view as if you were in Albums view. To get there start a track in Songs view the click command-L.

Interesting is that earlier today, after making my original post, I just let Music do its thing and it did stop when it played the last track of that artist's albums.

Thanks, tt2.

Apple Music on my Macs (macOS only) plays continuously once an album is started.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.