Should I go to battery power periodically on a MacBooK?

My MacBook Air M2 remains at ≈ 80% charge and is always plugged to the adapter. Should I unplug the power source and let the battery drain down periodically to increase the life of the battery? Or, is leaving it connected to the adapter and using 80% charge level feature give the best battery life?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 2:37 PM

ejbpesca wrote:

My MacBook Air M2 remains at ≈ 80% charge and is always plugged to the adapter. Should I unplug the power source and let the battery drain down periodically to increase the life of the battery? Or, is leaving it connected to the adapter and using 80% charge level feature give the best battery life?

There is no need for you to try to manage the battery use. The MacOS manages the power/charging system very well. Neither your battery nor computer will be damaged by leaving the computer plugged in.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2023 2:37 PM in response to ejbpesca

ejbpesca wrote:

There is no need for you to try to manage the battery use. The MacOS manages the power/charging system very well. Neither your battery nor computer will be damaged by leaving the computer plugged in.

Should I go to battery power periodically on a MacBooK?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.