You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why brightness increases automatically (in WhatsApp).

On my iPhone (iOS 16.6), the brightness goes to max when I use WhatsApp. This is happening despite turning off Auto-Brightness in accessibility. How can I sort this once and for all rather than manually reducing brightness in the control centre every time I use WhatsApp. This problem has surfaced very recently (is eating away battery/charge too quickly).

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 8:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 1:38 AM

Here’s Quick fix So this happened with me as well while scanning QR code for web WhatsApp what you can do is “Go again to scan web WhatsApp QR code and try reducing the brightness or change it, and come back to the main interface of chats in WhatsApp and there you problem fixed” Cheers 🥂 by the way this issue is with both the companies apple should have had permission to use adaptive screen brightness !! and WhatsApp should have been fixed this bug of increased brightness as soon as we get back to chat screen.

Similar questions

25 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2023 1:38 AM in response to spsood

Here’s Quick fix So this happened with me as well while scanning QR code for web WhatsApp what you can do is “Go again to scan web WhatsApp QR code and try reducing the brightness or change it, and come back to the main interface of chats in WhatsApp and there you problem fixed” Cheers 🥂 by the way this issue is with both the companies apple should have had permission to use adaptive screen brightness !! and WhatsApp should have been fixed this bug of increased brightness as soon as we get back to chat screen.

Aug 25, 2023 10:41 PM in response to Kurtosis12

i was fearing this situation. I had msgd the issue to whatsapp support too and their reply is:

“Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Sorry, this sounds like an issue with your phone and isn't related to WhatsApp. Please contact your phone's manufacturer for assistance.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to help!”

what do I do now?

looking fwd to the solution.

Why brightness increases automatically (in WhatsApp).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.