Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

ICCID Missing

I’m not sure what to call this screen, and I’m not able to find anything online giving it a proper name, but the screen that pops up when you click the “i”, information button at the very beginning of iPhone setup where it says “Regulatory” displaying all the device identifiable information, I am noticing that a particular iPhone 14 Pro Max that I have doesn’t have an ICCID or an MEID number. Does anyone know what that means for the phone?

To be more clear, this phone displays the SN, IMEI then CSN numbers only, where I have only ever seen 4 lines of data (where the 4th line has the ICCID or MEID number.

Mine is formatted like this:

SN: Example

IMEI: Example

CSN: Example

Even more concerning, when the phone is loaded up from the device setup screen, without a phone service provider nor a Wi-Fi network (is in SOS status), there is something taking up the IMEI (1) slot.

I have never seen this before, this would normally have the IMEI 1 and 2 back to back as empty slots, but I am seeing this (displaying in Settings > General > About):

Carrier: “iPhone 54.0”

IMEI: Example

CSN: Example

I am also noticing that all of the apps that come preloaded onto the phone (Calendar, Find My, Health, etc.), are requiring download from iCloud on a Wi-Fi or data connection, I have only ever seen them come loaded and ready to be opened and used on any iPhone I’ve ever seen.

The phone came directly from Apple brand new — Please advise! I can’t find anything online about this, not even anything about the “CSN” number.

Thanks!

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 11:36 PM

1 reply

ICCID Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.