I need help with setting up apple watch

I bought a second hand watch and the persons email is still connected while I’m trying to pair my phone to it. Is there a way I can pair my phone without signing in to his email

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 2:27 AM

No there is no way to do that. Activation lock is one of the best theft deterrent systems out there. So you will need to contact the seller to ask them to put in those credentials.

If you cannot contact the seller or they will not provide these details, I am afraid that you've been scammed: the watch is useless to you and apple will not remove the activation lock.

I am sorry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2023 2:27 AM in response to amygames

No there is no way to do that. Activation lock is one of the best theft deterrent systems out there. So you will need to contact the seller to ask them to put in those credentials.

If you cannot contact the seller or they will not provide these details, I am afraid that you've been scammed: the watch is useless to you and apple will not remove the activation lock.

I am sorry

I need help with setting up apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.