Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Poor iPhone battery life

I get my iPhone 13 less than 2 months ago and upon activation the battery life was 100% however subsequently I realized that the battery depletes at a rate I was not expecting so I constantly check the battery life and whenever I check, it is always 1% lower today makes it about 2 months and the battery life is 94 percentage. This is a completely different experience I am having compared to the advertisement displayed on the social media by apple. Before I typed this I have been seeing similar complains on this same iPhone 13 and I realized the problem is not from the users but from APPLE. pls I need a detailed explanation as to why this is happening and DO NOT put the link for battery usuage here because I have checked and followed those guidelines and no tangible improvements!

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 10:41 AM

This behavior is expected. All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age. As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged. The Battery Health screen you're referring to includes information on maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability.

Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. Note that maximum capacity does not degrade linearly with cycle count. For example, your maximum capacity might be "stuck" at XX% for a while. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge. Learn more about charge cycles, or read a more in-depth guide into batteries.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2023 10:41 AM in response to oyelola20

This behavior is expected. All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age. As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged. The Battery Health screen you're referring to includes information on maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability.

Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. Note that maximum capacity does not degrade linearly with cycle count. For example, your maximum capacity might be "stuck" at XX% for a while. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge. Learn more about charge cycles, or read a more in-depth guide into batteries.

Aug 26, 2023 10:46 AM in response to ekassos

I did not buy a phone of about $1000 to have fewer hours of usuage after a full charge particularly when I haven’t even used the phone for up to a year.

this is so different from what was advertised the iPhone 13 was praised to have a stronger battery and longer hours of usage after a full charge. Why then is the experience not matching the description?!

Poor iPhone battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.