Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Adding or Customizing Safari Top Sites in Ventura v16.8

I cannot find any way of adding to the current (from Migration) 5 top sites on my Ventura 16.8 home page. I want to be able to go to my Top Sites as I have in the past to view my "goto" sites. What has Apple done?

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 2:42 PM

What I do is create a bookmark folder and add my favorites sites to it. I add that to the Favorites in the Safari sidebar. When it shows in the Favorites bar I Control (right) - click on the folder and select "Automatically Replace Tabs" in the drop down menu.

When clicking on the small square to the right of that folder it get a window with tabs for every site I added to the folder. One can then click on the Show Tab Overview button in Safari's menu bar to get the overview.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2023 2:42 PM in response to waynefromst-bruno

What I do is create a bookmark folder and add my favorites sites to it. I add that to the Favorites in the Safari sidebar. When it shows in the Favorites bar I Control (right) - click on the folder and select "Automatically Replace Tabs" in the drop down menu.

When clicking on the small square to the right of that folder it get a window with tabs for every site I added to the folder. One can then click on the Show Tab Overview button in Safari's menu bar to get the overview.

Aug 26, 2023 8:00 PM in response to Old Toad

One old Toad to another... Thank you for the help. I don't have the screen that you show above, but I did create a new Top Sites folder, then added my preferred daily 'Top" sites and in Edit mode added the new folder to favorites, voila... there it is. Works for me. Thanks....

I just finished upgrading from a 2009 iMac (Sigh Sierra) to a new refurbished 27" iMac 2020 (Ventura)... quite a change!

Adding or Customizing Safari Top Sites in Ventura v16.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.