Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 14 emergency SOS via satellite demo not working

I bought my wife an iPhone 14 in mid July 2023 and the emergency satellite demo has not worked from day one. If I try to use the demo I get a dialog telling me "satellite Connection Demo Not Available, the satellite connection demo is not available this moment. Try again later."

I have an 'iPhone 14 plus' and the feature works fine on that phone but not on my wife's. I have waited for several software updates to see if this would fix the problem but it has made no difference. Can anyone tell me how to get this feature to work on my wife's phone as it is one of the reasons I bought her the phone in the first place.

iPhone 14

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 12:25 PM

Honestly, I would have taken the phone back within the 14-day return period and gotten a different one, especially if that was the main reason for getting that model. But, at least you're still in the warranty period. Call Apple and arrange for them to evaluate the phone. Some of the diagnostics can be run remotely.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2023 12:25 PM in response to Sloppyboy

Honestly, I would have taken the phone back within the 14-day return period and gotten a different one, especially if that was the main reason for getting that model. But, at least you're still in the warranty period. Call Apple and arrange for them to evaluate the phone. Some of the diagnostics can be run remotely.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Aug 28, 2023 7:06 AM in response to Sloppyboy

Hi, You've experienced with the emergency satellite demo on your wife's iPhone 14. Ensuring that this safety feature functions correctly is of utmost importance. Here are formal steps to address the issue:

1. Confirm Network Connectivity: Please verify that your wife's iPhone maintains a robust and consistent network connection. It's worth noting that the emergency satellite demo may necessitate a stable connection for proper operation.
  2. Review Location Services: Ensure that Location Services are enabled on your wife's iPhone. This can be verified in the device's settings under "Settings > Privacy > Location Services." Additionally, ensure that Location Services are appropriately enabled for the specific application or feature associated with the emergency satellite demo.
  3. Software Updates: Continue diligently checking for software updates, as Apple frequently releases updates to address various issues. Navigate to "Settings > General > Software Update" to verify and install the latest available updates.
  4. Restart the iPhone: Attempt a basic restart of your wife's iPhone by turning it off and then powering it back on. Sometimes, this action can resolve minor issues.
  5. Contact Apple Support: If the problem persists despite previous attempts, it is advisable to initiate contact with Apple Support. They possess the expertise required to furnish specific troubleshooting measures tailored to your wife's device, and they can also ascertain if any known issues pertain to the emergency satellite demo on that particular model.
  6. Reset Network Settings: As a potential solution, you may consider resetting network settings on the iPhone. Please be aware that this action will erase all network-related configurations, including Wi-Fi passwords. To undertake this, navigate to "Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings."
  7. Restore Factory Settings: In the event that none of the aforementioned steps yield a resolution, the final recourse would be to restore the iPhone to its factory settings. It is imperative to underscore that this process will result in the deletion of all data on the device. Therefore, ensure that vital information is backed up to iCloud or a computer via iTunes before initiating the reset. To carry out this reset, please go to "Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings."

Prior to embarking on a factory reset, exercise caution and ensure the safe preservation of the iPhone's data by performing a backup to iCloud or a computer. Following the reset, data can be restored from the backup.

For any uncertainties regarding these procedures or if the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to Apple Support or visiting an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider. These avenues can provide tailored assistance and may be better equipped to diagnose and rectify the issue expeditiously.

Let me know if it works.

iPhone 14 emergency SOS via satellite demo not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.