Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air m1 internal microphone sound problem

hello everyone, so i have this problem in my MBA m1, when i make facetime calls and im infront of the macbook, talking, they tell me that my sound is low, tried to change the format rate and increase volume input but no difference, also as far i know why the internal microphone shows only 1 channel? as far as i know the mba m1 have 3 array channel microphones am i correct?

i need a fix for this if anyone can help, thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 10:20 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 27, 2023 6:02 AM in response to WheelieNick

i think i have figured it out, when i start a call the microphone becomes 3 channels, but my problem is im always putting the microphone input as my MacBook internal microphone not the headphones, when i start a call the headphones quality decrease although the input is my MacBook internal microphone.

a temporary fix i found is when i start the call i switch the output to my MacBook speakers then switch it back to the headphones, this way the headphones goes back to its original format quality, but i need to do this everytime i make a call using FaceTime, is there a permanent fix for this?

macbook air m1 internal microphone sound problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.