Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac

Received the trade-in box, but there is no return label, no instructions where to send to or drop off?

Apparently this does not happen often. I'm currently on a call with friendly Apple support who understands the issue, but has a hard time finding out what to do...

Should there be a return label in the box? Is there a link with this information in personalized version for me to print out and affix? I truly don't know what to do. The instructions for prepping the device are clear, after that it simply says to drop it off without further specification

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 10:37 AM

OK—issue solved. There was a return label below the one that was addressed to me. However, other than a bit of red on the bottom part this was not clear. Apparently the words "Peel me" were torn of in transport. Just providing information like "look carefully on the outside of the box—there is a return label below the one addressed to you" would have saved both support and me about 30 minutes.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2023 10:37 AM in response to shuydts

OK—issue solved. There was a return label below the one that was addressed to me. However, other than a bit of red on the bottom part this was not clear. Apparently the words "Peel me" were torn of in transport. Just providing information like "look carefully on the outside of the box—there is a return label below the one addressed to you" would have saved both support and me about 30 minutes.

Aug 27, 2023 11:00 AM in response to shuydts

Just providing information like "look carefully on the outside of the box—there is a return label below the one addressed to you" would have saved both support and me about 30 minutes.

Absolutely agree—we see a lot of similar post to yours here every week. However we are other end users and cannot make that so. Apple will not see you comment here.

Apple has feedback links but none related to trade-in:

Product Feedback - Apple

You can try using the feedback section for the device you traded. The other option is a website feedback link near the bottom of that. Yes, this isn't a website problem, but Apple's feedback link for reporting issues with service, sales and support was taken down several years ago.

IMHO phoning any big corporation about an problem is next to useless. You still have the option of a well-penned business letter to Apple HQ:

When I ran customer support in another industry, letters got action; pink "While you were out..." slips got lost.

Feb 27, 2024 2:57 PM in response to Steve-o2

I am awaiting my third trade in kit. My first two had no return label included. No peel off label on either the first or second kit. What's more, is the second kit also came with no documentation or tape. I wanted to just get a label to place on one of my two boxes but no; they had to send another kit.

As a long time apple user this is by far the most ridiculous situation they have ever put me in. And very costly to Apple. Bad decisions being made here.

Feb 25, 2024 2:41 PM in response to yoloo1o

Received box to return iMac 27 -a heavy beast.

The box I got was heavily damaged and has no return label -in or out of the box. I heard UPS throw it into my open garage. I had to use Gorilla Glue and tape to make it usable.

So, there is no label under the label addressed to me. There is no label in the box or anywhere else. I would have thought that they would have emailed me a label, but no.

I hate to lug this thing to UPS just to have them tell me there is nothing they can do. Sending in an iPhone is a breeze. I'm never doing this again with anything heavy.

Any suggestions?

Feb 27, 2024 3:12 PM in response to RB DEAL

So apparently, this is a massive issue happening all over. I received FOUR kits with no label. I made a pretty big scene and they finally told me I could keep the computer and I still received my $150 credit. But I still had to dispose of four massive size boxes. Given that it's Apple - I am shocked that this is happening and they have not addressed it.

Mar 7, 2024 9:56 PM in response to shuydts

Came here looking for answers, sounds like this has been an issue for years. My box did not have a return label, so I carried this heavy iMac into the store, only for them to tell me they cannot take it, told me to go online to request a label, nowhere to be found. I see some folks have had 3-4 boxes mailed to them, and still NO RETURN LABEL! RIDICULOUS!

Apr 16, 2024 2:46 PM in response to shuydts

I'm in the same boat. The first trade-in box came without any return label. There was no "peel me" label on the box or anything inside it. I contacted the support team, and they sent me a second box. Thankfully, there was a return label inside the box this time, so the only thing left for me is to cut down the redundant big box for my 24-inch iMac T_T.

Received the trade-in box, but there is no return label, no instructions where to send to or drop off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.