it’s been an hour and got nothing

It’s been hard to get the code so I could unlock my account

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 1:47 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2023 2:58 PM in response to BetoValencia

Hi BetoValencia,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

Were you using two-factor authentication and expecting your code on a trusted device? This article can explain this feature further: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support.

"Get a text or phone call

If you don’t have a trusted device handy, you can have a verification code sent to your trusted phone number as a text message or phone call.

1. Click Didn't get a verification code on the sign in screen.
  2. Choose to have the code sent to your trusted phone number.
  3. You'll get a text message or phone call from Apple with your verification code. This text message might include an additional domain validation line. This line includes the @ symbol, the website name, and your code (for example: @icloud.com #123456 %apple.com).

A verification code displays on trusted iPhone

4.Enter the code on your other device to complete sign in."

You may have instead been trying to use account recovery which is explained further in this article: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

Account recovery can take a bit longer than may have been expected. It is possible to speed up the process if you have enough information to share with Apple.

"After you start account recovery

After you request account recovery, you get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access. This email arrives within 72 hours.

• If you submitted your account recovery request with iforgot.apple.com through your device's browser, you should avoid using that device during this period. Using that device might cancel account recovery. 
  • To avoid delays, turn off other devices that are signed in with your Apple ID until account recovery is complete.

When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions to immediately regain access to your Apple ID.

In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer.*"

If neither of these scenarios relate to your situation, please provide further details and we'll go from there.

Have a fantastic day!

I am still waiting for a code to verify my Apple ID account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.