Apple says I owe them 15.93 for a purchase I made and came out of my account

I bought an in game currency for a total of 15.93 and I tried to download an app and it says I owe 15.93 and until I pay that I can’t download nothing. Can someone help?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 17

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 12:10 AM

If you bought something then you have to pay, if you don't pay then you owe that amount to Apple until you pay.

You can have a credit card / debit card on file and an Apple Account balance.

If you have set your Apple Account balance as your default payment method, your default payment method will be used first by Apple when you need to make a payment.

Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

You can download free apps, but you may need to have a valid payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free. 

Free apps has also In-app pruchase.

See -> Buy additional app features with in-app purchases and subscriptions

Buy additional app features with in-app purchases and subscriptions

See also -> Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions

Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

See -> If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

scroll to point 2 ⤵️

Add a payment method

You may need to have a valid payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Add a payment method

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2023 12:10 AM in response to vaughn283

If you bought something then you have to pay, if you don't pay then you owe that amount to Apple until you pay.

You can have a credit card / debit card on file and an Apple Account balance.

If you have set your Apple Account balance as your default payment method, your default payment method will be used first by Apple when you need to make a payment.

Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

You can download free apps, but you may need to have a valid payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free. 

Free apps has also In-app pruchase.

See -> Buy additional app features with in-app purchases and subscriptions

Buy additional app features with in-app purchases and subscriptions

See also -> Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions

Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

See -> If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

scroll to point 2 ⤵️

Add a payment method

You may need to have a valid payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Add a payment method

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

Apple says I owe them 15.93 for a purchase I made and came out of my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.