You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages. How do I retrieve deleted texts. Under edit I doi not have retrieve old messages

How do I retrieve a deleted message. Under edit I doi not have retrieve old messages option. Ty

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 8:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 8:33 AM

The option to retrieve deleted texts does not exist on iOS 15 as shown in your tag line. You need to be running iOS 16.1 or later to have the option as explained in the support document you posted from.

If you are running at least iOS 16.1. The option is either in Edit ➜ Show Recently Deleted or Filters ➜ Recently Deleted if you have Filter Unknown Senders turned on.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2023 8:33 AM in response to Julieannski

The option to retrieve deleted texts does not exist on iOS 15 as shown in your tag line. You need to be running iOS 16.1 or later to have the option as explained in the support document you posted from.

If you are running at least iOS 16.1. The option is either in Edit ➜ Show Recently Deleted or Filters ➜ Recently Deleted if you have Filter Unknown Senders turned on.

Text messages. How do I retrieve deleted texts. Under edit I doi not have retrieve old messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.