Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Why is the city of Port Townsend, WA not included in the Weather app’s database?

Why is the city of Port Townsend, WA not included in the Weather app’s database????r

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 2:12 AM

…Or, the revenge of unintended consequences…

Edit the weather widget, click on my location, and enter the zip code for Port Townsend (98368). A list of cities will appear with Port Townsend being obvious. Select it and click done.

10 replies

Aug 30, 2023 2:42 PM in response to susanfromashland

Your equipment line shows only "Windows, Windows 6." What Apple device is involved and what operating system version is it running? That will help up better help you.

Port Townsend does not show on my iPhone or iPad, both running latest OS versions. I also tried entering the name and then the FAA code for its airport, Jefferson County International and those do not show up. Not sure why Idris' devcie shows it and your and mine do not.

However, the National Weather Service uses the weather station at Port Hadlock WA, only two miles away, to report Port Townsend weather. Enter "Port Hadlock WA" instead.

Why is the city of Port Townsend, WA not included in the Weather app’s database?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.