What can i do to close or to deactivate a stolen MacBook Pro?

my new macbook pro has been stolen, it's was new before i setup, i just have the serial number and I have the police report , what can i do to close or to deactivate the device or get it back???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 7:07 PM

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support describes what you need to do.

It's not clear to me whether you ever received that Mac or used it long enough to turn it on, activate it, and configure it as yours. If that's the case no action is required other than to notify appropriate law enforcement of the theft. It might as well have been stolen from a store, or from a delivery truck. You can't "get it back" if you never had it to begin with.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2023 7:07 PM in response to youssefamir

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support describes what you need to do.

It's not clear to me whether you ever received that Mac or used it long enough to turn it on, activate it, and configure it as yours. If that's the case no action is required other than to notify appropriate law enforcement of the theft. It might as well have been stolen from a store, or from a delivery truck. You can't "get it back" if you never had it to begin with.

What can i do to close or to deactivate a stolen MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.