Setting Passcode for child’s iPhone (not for screen time)

We have my daughter’s iPhone setup with a passcode for the screen time settings to manage when she uses the phone.

But she would like a passcode to be set on her phone so that nobody else can open the phone when she goes to school. Same as I use mine for work etc. I can’t seem to find a way of setting this for her. Any suggestions?

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 11:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 6:23 AM

Learn how to set, use, and change a passcode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. --> Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

ScreenTime shouldn't prevent use of a passcode, just changing it if that is what you have chosen when setting up the phone.

If she has set up FaceID, that may be used instead of a passcode unless you disable Face ID.

How to set up and use Face ID is described in this support article --> Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

- including how to turn on/off

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2023 6:23 AM in response to markee06

Learn how to set, use, and change a passcode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. --> Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

ScreenTime shouldn't prevent use of a passcode, just changing it if that is what you have chosen when setting up the phone.

If she has set up FaceID, that may be used instead of a passcode unless you disable Face ID.

How to set up and use Face ID is described in this support article --> Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

- including how to turn on/off

Setting Passcode for child’s iPhone (not for screen time)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.