Disable "clear history" from safari?

I want to disable the "clear history" feature from my iPhone. How can I do this?

I have an iPhone SE. Thanks

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 9:42 AM

The short answer is it can't be done, but it might help if you were to explain your need to do that. For example, perhaps Private Browsing will meet your requirements: Browse privately in Safari on iPhone - Apple Support

When you use Private Browsing, "Safari won't remember the pages you visit, your search history, or your AutoFill information." — Turn Private Browsing on or off on your iPhone - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2023 9:42 AM in response to auldsport

The short answer is it can't be done, but it might help if you were to explain your need to do that. For example, perhaps Private Browsing will meet your requirements: Browse privately in Safari on iPhone - Apple Support

When you use Private Browsing, "Safari won't remember the pages you visit, your search history, or your AutoFill information." — Turn Private Browsing on or off on your iPhone - Apple Support

Aug 29, 2023 12:16 PM in response to John Galt

I have one device, and it is shared among three. Two of the three are minors and they keep deleting history to hide whatever they are up to and it is screwing up my saved settings on my phone. Here is a silly example - it clears my history from Wordle and I can't see how many 3s I have accumulated :) - I am glad for wordle because that is how it came to my attention. I do not wish to deprive them of any device use, but my entreaties to stop deleting history have gone unheeded. I have limit adult content set up on my phone already, so either it doesn't work or they are hiding something that doesn't count as adult content. Luckily they don't know about private browsing.

Aug 29, 2023 1:28 PM in response to auldsport

auldsport wrote:

I have one device, and it is shared among three.

You are asking for trouble by doing that. Do not share your Apple ID. One person = one Apple ID:

Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

Keep Apple IDs separate from one another. From https://appleid.apple.com/faq:

Can I share an Apple ID with someone else?

Your Apple ID should not be shared with anyone else.

There is no need to deprive anyone of anything. Use Family Sharing: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Disable "clear history" from safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.