i bought an second hand iPhone 13 but its locked to the previous owner and he doesnt respond

I bought an second-hand iPhone on finn.no because my previous phone has stopped working, but when I started configuration, it showed me that this iPhone is locked to owner, so I texted the previous owner but he didn't respond, so I tried tools like AnyUnclok or 4uKey but iPhone 13 is not supported. How do I unlock it?

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 5:57 AM

Take it back to the person from whom you received it. Get them to do the things in this support article or ask for a refund --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Unless you have the account information that set the lock, or the original receipt from Apple, you cannot remove the lock; recycle the device. Read this article about how to remove Activation Lock --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2023 5:57 AM in response to krystian_hawra

Take it back to the person from whom you received it. Get them to do the things in this support article or ask for a refund --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Unless you have the account information that set the lock, or the original receipt from Apple, you cannot remove the lock; recycle the device. Read this article about how to remove Activation Lock --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Aug 29, 2023 11:16 AM in response to krystian_hawra

Contact the person ad ask them to do the steps in the articles. If they will not, ask for a refund. Unless they also sent you the receipt from when the item was purchased from Apple, the iPhone cannot be made usable by you without that account information.

Realize that it is not uncommon for thieves to sell used iPhones with this lock feature on it. Unfortunately purchasers are not always aware of this feature and in the end they have no option but to recycle the device and regard it as a learning experience.

i bought an second hand iPhone 13 but its locked to the previous owner and he doesnt respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.