I need help please.

I have a 2017 MBA (I5) which had chromeOS Flex installed. I booted with cmd and r to try and reinstall a fresh OS (in this case high Sierra). Whenever I try to reinstall it says unable to connect to recovery server. I tried all the fixes such as fixing the date, trying a different wifi and resetting the nvram etc. I even wiped the ssd in disk utility. Nothing worked and it kept on saying unable to connect to recovery server. I have tried creating bootable usb but nothing has worked and none of the apple guides have been useful. I have a MacBook Air M1 running Ventura if the helps. When I try and download any macOS It takes me to the App Store and says this isn't available to your device. Can someone please help me with this as I have struggling for the past 2 days.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 6:10 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 29, 2023 6:48 AM in response to Hridayx24

That will not get you greater assistance. The fact the responses don't work is not necessarily going to change if you keep posting the same issue. All that does is create confusion.

We're all volunteers and we come and go. Someone with knowledge of your issue may never show up.

I suggest you talk with Google. Chrome OS is after all a Google product and you chose to render your Mac "Macless".

If you erased the dive, the recovery partition is gone. Erased is erased.

I need help please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.