📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to solve “iPhone locked to owner”

I had my pervious iPhone locked when I restored it needs Apple ID and password even I forgot both of them , I don’t know how to solve this problem

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 10:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 10:46 AM

Check your web browser autofill entries, the Keychain, and other records, or use Apple's iForgot service, or contact their Account Security team, or if you're the unit's original owner, click here and submit an unlock request.

(243806)

2 replies

Aug 29, 2023 10:46 AM in response to azizahmad-obaidi

Read this article to learn how to remove Activation Lock either on the device itself or on the web --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

This article tells you the various ways you can try to discover your forgotten Apple ID --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support Typically an Apple ID is an email address you have used. If you are currently using a mobile device that is logged into your account, go to Settings and tap your name at the top. Look in Keychain, and in a browser's security settings if you use it to automatically sign into Apple when using a browser.

This article outlines what to do If you forgot your Apple ID password --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery (read this support article: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues." Click here --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

How to solve “iPhone locked to owner”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.