iPad is stuck in a "Attempting data recovery" loop, help!

Hello! My ipad, after having put it in recovery mode va itunes, is now just stuck replaying the words "Attempting data recovery mode", then after about 10 minutes it shows "Data recovery failed", and shows a "Press home button" to start the loop again! How do I fix this? I tried to restart it after a few times and it ended up saying "iPad Unavailable" and making me wait another 8 hours for it to just do the loop again.

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 10:56 AM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2023 10:45 AM in response to Applein_

Hi Applein_,

As your iPad is showing "iPad Unavailable" and you are having trouble recovering it, to make sure you have all the troubleshooting steps for this and that the least invasive steps were taken first, here are some resources that can help.

1. When your iPad shows "iPad Unavailable" try to reset your device without a computer by following If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen. Note: You don't need to wait 8 hours to start these steps.
  2. If you are unable to reset the device with those steps, connect it to a computer and follow If you forgot your iPad passcode

Check out this YouTube video from Apple Support for more information How to restore your iPhone if you forgot your passcode.

If you are still having issues restoring your iPad, follow If you can't update or restore your iPad.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

iPad is stuck in a "Attempting data recovery" loop, help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.