iPhone 14 doesn’t connect properly to car Bluetooth

posting on behalf of my partner:

My iPhone 14 doesn’t connect properly to my cars Bluetooth. It shows as connected within Bluetooth settings however in Spotify and Apple Music it doesn’t show as a device I can cast the music too. The music just plays through the iPhone but I can control it from my car buttons etc.

sometimes it will work fine others it will not.

my partners 13 pro max will connect every time with no issues and I have connected various android devices with no issues as well.

i have tried resetting my iPhone and for a day it connected fine and then went back to not connecting properly.

the Genius Bar have taken a look and said it was a software issue with Spotify even after they were able to replicate the issue with some beats headphones they came back out with some AirPods and said if YouTube connects fine then it’s not a hard ware issue, which is madness to me.

i personally think there has to be a hardware issue I’m irregularly seeing it connect and not connect.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 8:15 AM

Mine is doing the same and I’m so frustrated with it.

anyone know the answer on how to fix it?

Similar questions

14 replies

Apr 15, 2024 1:59 PM in response to Rossybearr

Had my iPhone 14 Pro Max for nearly a year and last month (March 2024) it started not automatically connecting via Bluetooth to my Alpine Receiver car stereo for handsfree operation and I now have to toggle Bluetooth on off and then select the Alpine Receiver each time to get connected. Seems to remember this setting for no more than a few hours after away from the car so have to make sure to check each time I start my vehicle. This process was seamless for years through many iPhones (5, 6, 8, X, 12, 13, 14) but now is not. Frustrating and dangerous as it no longer is reliable for handsfree communication.

Aug 30, 2023 12:55 PM in response to Rossybearr

Hey there Rossybearr,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

To get started, does the vehicle support CarPlay? If it does, we'd recommend going through the steps in the following resource that may be able to help: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

1. Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
* If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
* If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on on your iPhone under Settings > Bluetooth. Then go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and make sure that Wi-Fi is also turned on. Tap the CarPlay network, and check that Auto-Join is turned on.
2. If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display and select it.
3. Restart your iPhone and your car. 
4. Make sure that Siri is on.
5. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If Content & Privacy Restrictions is on, tap Allowed Apps, and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
6. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
7. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If the vehicle doesn't support CarPlay, check out the steps in this next resource for more help: If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Lastly if possible, is your partner able to play music as expected if their iPhone is connected to the vehicle stereo using a USB cable?

Keep us updated on the results.

Take care!

May 26, 2024 1:49 AM in response to Tuc8719

I can not connect my iPhone 13 Pro. It will not give me a code. I’ve tried everything you suggested. Will you replace my iPhone.

ps. It won’t keep my Bluetooth on.

please let me have a new one! I’ve had a since h( see that long ago, I’ve had a 8 then. 10 now 13 prob. Just think you can have my phone back at no cost to you. Hurry now this offer won’t last

iPhone 14 doesn’t connect properly to car Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.