You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the baseball picture above my name when I turn on my Mac?

When I turn on my computer, a baseball appears above my name. I didn't put it there, it just mysteriously appeared one day about 5 years ago. How do I change it to something different?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 6:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 5:00 AM

Slightly different take on this

System Setting >> very Top your Account Name

First image and notice the Edit in Owl image

Click on Owl

Give a Pop up in second image

Choose the desired image and Save button

Sorry have cut off the Save button from image but trust me it is there at Bottom Right

First image

Second image

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2023 5:00 AM in response to ExplainitomelikeIm2yrsold

Slightly different take on this

System Setting >> very Top your Account Name

First image and notice the Edit in Owl image

Click on Owl

Give a Pop up in second image

Choose the desired image and Save button

Sorry have cut off the Save button from image but trust me it is there at Bottom Right

First image

Second image

Aug 30, 2023 3:25 PM in response to PRP_53

Thank you for your help. But how do I make it custom? And when I did it the way someone else suggested, photographs and the like were NOT available choices like you show in your example. There were about two dozen artsy like symbols to choose from. Where did the examples (photos, etc.) you used in your explanation come from? Didn't see an owl either... did see something (ever so faintly) that said "edit..."

How to change the baseball picture above my name when I turn on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.