How to unlock phone without computer I forgot my passcode

i don’t have computer I forgot my passcode to my old iPhone

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 6:33 PM

If you have iOS 15.2 or higher installed on your iPhone 8.....you might be able to erase/reset the phone without using a computer.

This Apple Support document has the details:

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

2 replies

Aug 29, 2023 6:35 PM in response to shamia272

If your iPhone says it is disabled, you must use a computer to erase it. This article explains what you have to do --> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you have updated your iPhone to at least iOS 15.2 and the message says your iPhone is Unavailable, you can erase your phone without a computer, by following the directions in this link --> If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Again, that is ONLY if you see the message your iPhone is Unavailable. If you see your iPhone is disabled, a computer is required. If you don't have one, visit a friend who has one, or visit your Apple Store Genius Bar and they can help you there.

How to unlock phone without computer I forgot my passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.