Notes password

I rest my notes password because I forgot it but it won’t rest and it’s the old one i can’t remember, it is very important i get into my notes

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 7:42 PM

Click on this link to read how to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch --> How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

"Beginning in iOS 16, you have two options to lock your notes. You can lock notes with your iPhone passcode. Or, you can create a unique password only for Notes.

If you use your iPhone passcode, you don't have to create and remember a separate password. If you access your iCloud notes on more than one Apple device, use the passcode or login password for that device to unlock those notes.

If you use a unique password for Notes, there is no way to access your locked notes if you forget the password. If you forget this password, you can reset your notes password and use your new password to lock other notes. If you access your iCloud notes on more than one Apple device, use the same notes password to lock and unlock all of them."

Read the support article for details.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2023 7:42 PM in response to hollasop00

Click on this link to read how to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch --> How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

"Beginning in iOS 16, you have two options to lock your notes. You can lock notes with your iPhone passcode. Or, you can create a unique password only for Notes.

If you use your iPhone passcode, you don't have to create and remember a separate password. If you access your iCloud notes on more than one Apple device, use the passcode or login password for that device to unlock those notes.

If you use a unique password for Notes, there is no way to access your locked notes if you forget the password. If you forget this password, you can reset your notes password and use your new password to lock other notes. If you access your iCloud notes on more than one Apple device, use the same notes password to lock and unlock all of them."

Read the support article for details.

Aug 29, 2023 8:09 PM in response to hollasop00

hollasop00 wrote:

Oh my **** I have very important information on that, that’s a really dumb thing apple. Im ******

With no password and no hint or no help from the hint, you’re effectively the attacker seeking unauthorized access now, and Notes is preventing that access to a protected file. And no, there is no backdoor provided here.

Aug 29, 2023 7:57 PM in response to hollasop00

It’s really not so “dumb”

Your notes are already protected by a quite secure system designed so that only you can read the note.

If a user decides that this system is “not secure enough” for his/her needs … he/she has the option to add his/her OWN “extra” password.

However, it would make zero sense if the same “not secure enough” security system could then override this “extra” password.

Aug 29, 2023 8:00 PM in response to hollasop00

hollasop00 Said:

"Notes password: I rest my notes password because I forgot it but it won’t rest and it’s the old one i can’t remember, it is very important i get into my notes"

-------

Troubleshooting Forgotten Notes Passwords:

Learn from this:

If you can't get back into this, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to alway keep a handwritten, hardcopy of your passwords, storing them in a location that only YOU are knowledgeable of and only YOU have access to. Passwords are a security measure.

Aug 29, 2023 8:04 PM in response to hollasop00

hollasop00 wrote:

Oh my **** I have very important information on that, that’s a really dumb thing apple. Im ******

You are the one who decided to lock the notes with a password. And you were given the opportunity when you created your password to create a locked notes password hint at the time you created the password. Did you do that? Did you not write this password down somewhere safe for recall at a later date? If you didn't do either, you'll just have to keep guessing your password. But until or unless you do, you'll never be able to access those notes. The password is encrypted directly on your iPhone.

I'm sure you'll survive this setback if you can't remember the password. But I hope you learn that writing important passwords down somewhere safe can avoid much aggravation in the future.

Notes password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.