are macOS Ventura install Hung at 19 minutes remaining on my iMac

I proceeded to install macOS Ventura 13.5.1 edit download it and started the install but now it is hung at about 19 minutes remaining. How can I install this version as I had a 13.5 on my iMac and it was running fine. It appears this upgrade along with my trying to install has caused problems ! Any and all assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 3:13 AM

The Count Dow clock may pause for extended period of time as it verifies all the bits and pieces of data.

I have seen it pause for may 20 minutes before it starts again one to pause at the 5 minute mark.

Patience and a cup of you favourite beverage

If it still does not finish.

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 3:13 AM in response to joseph211

The Count Dow clock may pause for extended period of time as it verifies all the bits and pieces of data.

I have seen it pause for may 20 minutes before it starts again one to pause at the 5 minute mark.

Patience and a cup of you favourite beverage

If it still does not finish.

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

Aug 30, 2023 4:08 AM in response to joseph211

Welcome and do keep us posted in the progress.

What follows and Only If applicable to this computer

Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software

Notation: Disabling the AV Software may or may not solve the issue.

Removal of the AV Software may increase the chances of the download to perform as expected.

Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses or corruption of the download

are macOS Ventura install Hung at 19 minutes remaining on my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.