Video previews in YouTube on Apple TV.

I’m unable to see short video previews in the YouTube app on Apple TV, like I would on my iPhone or Amazon Fire Stick.

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Hey!

Ah, I get what you're saying! The YouTube app on Apple TV doesn't offer the same thumbnail previews that you'd get on an iPhone or an Amazon Fire Stick. A bit of a bummer, huh?

On the tech side, it's likely a software limitation. YouTube and Apple would need to work together to bring this feature to the Apple TV app. Sometimes certain features get rolled out on specific platforms before they make it across the ecosystem.

Now, if you're really itching for that preview experience, you might try casting YouTube from your iPhone to your Apple TV, although that's more like a workaround than a real solution. You could also leave feedback for YouTube or Apple; they do listen, especially when there's demand for a feature.

Hope that clears things up for you! If you've got more questions, hit me up anytime! 📺👍

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 1:44 PM in response to moises272

Hey!

Ah, I get what you're saying! The YouTube app on Apple TV doesn't offer the same thumbnail previews that you'd get on an iPhone or an Amazon Fire Stick. A bit of a bummer, huh?

On the tech side, it's likely a software limitation. YouTube and Apple would need to work together to bring this feature to the Apple TV app. Sometimes certain features get rolled out on specific platforms before they make it across the ecosystem.

Now, if you're really itching for that preview experience, you might try casting YouTube from your iPhone to your Apple TV, although that's more like a workaround than a real solution. You could also leave feedback for YouTube or Apple; they do listen, especially when there's demand for a feature.

Hope that clears things up for you! If you've got more questions, hit me up anytime! 📺👍

Video previews in YouTube on Apple TV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.