Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Note contents deleted

I accidentally deleted the contents of a note and then the whole note disappeared. is here a way to get this note back? I have looked on iCloud and it is not there

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 5:54 PM

amiesmit Said:

"Note contents deleted: I accidentally deleted the contents of a note and then the whole note disappeared. is here a way to get this note back? I have looked on iCloud and it is not there"

-------

This may be a lost note.

It may be gone, and unrecoverable. But, before making that assertion, perform the following...

Recovering Lost Notes:

If you have lost the note, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup.

C. iCloud in Settings: Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 5:54 PM in response to amiesmit

amiesmit Said:

"Note contents deleted: I accidentally deleted the contents of a note and then the whole note disappeared. is here a way to get this note back? I have looked on iCloud and it is not there"

-------

This may be a lost note.

It may be gone, and unrecoverable. But, before making that assertion, perform the following...

Recovering Lost Notes:

If you have lost the note, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup.

C. iCloud in Settings: Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again.

Note contents deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.