White Spot in MacBook Screen

I accident launch something to my MacBook screen which then caused a small white spot to appear. I was wondering if there is any solution to removing it ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 9:50 PM

Al3xis808 Said:

"White Spot in MacBook Screen: I accident launch something to my MacBook screen which then caused a small white spot to appear. I was wondering if there is any solution to removing it ?"

-------

Troubleshooting a White Dot:

Try a New Administrator User:

What happens when you boot into the login screen for users? Do you see this? Of so, and you do not have a white background, then it is a hardware issue, and you need to get this serviced. Read the following...

Getting this Screen Replaced:

That is a Pressure Mark:

The screen has been indented in some fashion. Replacing the screen would supposedly fix it.

Any AppleCare?:

Take this in for Service. If you have AppelCare on this, then you'd setup a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store, taking it in for service. There, it will be diagnosed, and you'll be provided with a cost.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 9:50 PM in response to Al3xis808

Al3xis808 Said:

"White Spot in MacBook Screen: I accident launch something to my MacBook screen which then caused a small white spot to appear. I was wondering if there is any solution to removing it ?"

-------

Troubleshooting a White Dot:

Try a New Administrator User:

What happens when you boot into the login screen for users? Do you see this? Of so, and you do not have a white background, then it is a hardware issue, and you need to get this serviced. Read the following...

Getting this Screen Replaced:

That is a Pressure Mark:

The screen has been indented in some fashion. Replacing the screen would supposedly fix it.

Any AppleCare?:

Take this in for Service. If you have AppelCare on this, then you'd setup a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store, taking it in for service. There, it will be diagnosed, and you'll be provided with a cost.

White Spot in MacBook Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.