MacBook Pro 2018 Screen flickering issues

Hi Guys.. I have had a MacBook Pro 2018. Ive have a screen issues after 2 years of a normal use. this meaning every time I'm watching video on YouTube or zoom meeting my screen goes flicking and blurring out and also heated up my machine. is this a problem with graphics card or screen? can I replace it? is it expensive? pls advise Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 5:43 AM

Hi,

I think your MacBook Pro is suffering from "Flatgate" issue, your flat cable which connects between screen panel and logic board is something wrong.

You would need to contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

If you have AppleCare, it would be free of charge to fix it up, though if you don't, it would be quite expensive, I suppose.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 5:43 AM in response to LunaLitaMac

Hi,

I think your MacBook Pro is suffering from "Flatgate" issue, your flat cable which connects between screen panel and logic board is something wrong.

You would need to contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

If you have AppleCare, it would be free of charge to fix it up, though if you don't, it would be quite expensive, I suppose.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

MacBook Pro 2018 Screen flickering issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.